The primary responsibility of the Interior Install Technician is to install Foliage Design Systems
interior/exterior landscape accounts in an efficient and organized manner. In order to ensure the highest level of services are provided, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Exceed clients expectations by providing professional, courteous and efficient service at all times.
- Maintain a positive, solution-oriented approach to service while communicating with team members.
- Project a good company image at all times.
- Ensure a professional appearance, good hygiene and a clean uniform.
- Use proper verbiage.
Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively by:
- Wearing operational cell phone each working day.
- Report missing or malfunctioning cell phone to Supervisor or Manager ASAP.
- Responding to voice mails ASAP.
- Report accidents, illnesses, or any other incidents to Crew Lead and/or Manager.
- Report necessary equipment, materials, or repairs to Crew Lead and/or Manager.
- Understand and uphold Interior Department Quality Standards.
- Is flexible and understands the importance of cooperation and teamwork.
- Follow direction and guidance provided by Crew Leads and Management Team.
- Keep informed of changes to daily routine.
- Take breaks at direction of Crew lead.
- Install plants per the direction of Crew Lead and look for details from Director of Design when needed.
- Use proper planting techniques.
- Ensure tools are brought to jobsite, tracked and cared for.
- Must ensure a clean and safe work environment at all time, but especially upon departure from the worksite.
- Ensure all plants and containers are clean while ensuring staging and plants are secure in pots.
- Responsible for hydrating plants upon departure from the worksite.
- Is aware of and concerned with the daily goals and expectations of the Crew Lead.
- When covering for a Crew Lead, must report concerns regarding accounts to Supervisor or Manager on a same-day basis.
- Ensure working hours, including overtime, have been recorded accurately and truthfully for each time period worked.
- Participate in company LEAN activities and maintain areas as assigned.
- Monitor Salesforce, emails, and phone messages throughout workday and respond in a timely manner, always following the company Sunset Rule for internal and external communications.
- Update and utilize Salesforce in daily work, keeping accurate and up-to-date records on all accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work vehicle maintenance:
- Maintain clean vehicle at all times, ensuring interior and exterior cleanliness.
- Remove personal items from vehicles daily (lunchboxes, cell phones, garbage, etc.)
- Adhere to Company maintenance inspection policy.
- Report any and all accidents (regardless of nature and severity) immediately.
- Must drive a company vehicle when needed.
- Ensure knowledge of the appropriate safety and environmental revisions.
- Handle plants and tools with care, being concerned with safety and security.
- Immediately report safety concerns to Crew Lead.
- Must have basic knowledge of wall installation and service.
- Set a positive example by displaying a pleasant and approachable demeanor and remaining friendly and courteous at all times.
- Is aware of and actively supports the achievement of departmental goals.
- Proactive team player, strong follow through, quick decision making abilities and able to problem-solve in a fast pace environment.
- Professional mannerisms, appearance and actions (self-confident and committed to high ethics).
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with customers, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to lay out and plant with written and/or verbal instructions from Crew Lead or Designer Level
- Minimum of one (1) year horticultural experience.
- Previous experience in landscape maintenance or interior installation preferred.
- Must have a valid Drivers License and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to operate a box truck in urban settings preferred.
- Strong plant identification skills; Latin nomenclature a plus, or ability to learn quickly.
- Experience using standard landscape equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Lift training a plus, or ability to gain certification.
- Pesticide license a plus, or ability to gain certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to work on ledges and ladders with exposure to heights.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Varied Field Environment performing indoor work with moderate to occasional loud noise.
This is a minimal description of duties and is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. As the nature of business demands change, so may the essential functions of this position.